The mission and purpose of the Investigator-Initiated Trial (IIT) Program is to provide support for investigator-initiated research that advances medical and scientific knowledge about VIVUS’ products and potential beneficial options for patients. This program is open to all researchers who are interested in conducting their own research.
Types of Research Eligible for Support:
- Clinical studies utilizing VIVUS drugs
- Observational studies, such as epidemiology studies and certain outcomes research studies where the primary focus is the scientific understanding of disease
- Other types of independent research on disease states, including novel diagnostic screening tools and surveys where VIVUS has no direct commercial interest
- In vitro or animal studies which include funding
VIVUS support is typically provided in the manner of funding, and/or drug depending upon the type of research and/or treatment of the following areas:
- Obesity-related disorders and co-morbidities (e.g.: Diabetes, Hypertension)
- Special populations who would benefit from weight-loss
Vivus believes support should be aligned with the company’s areas of interest, be independent of Vivus, have scientific merit, and be conducted with the highest level of standards endorsed by the medical community.
To submit an application for an investigator-initiated trial (IIT), please please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.